Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Diagnostic: Efiling 1040 with form 7203 must attach PDF (Ref. #56844)

LA CPA
Level 2

I am receiving a diagnostic "e-file: form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and debt basis limitation, must be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes"

I have attached the PDF but i am still getting the critical diagnostic and i cannot file return.  Please help?

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Interesting, because I have my first 1040 w/ an S-Corp K-1 ready to file, and I'm not getting that diag.  I would check your K-1 inputs on Screen 20 and make sure everything is in there for basis.  You do need a "-1" in "stock basis at beginning of year even if beginning basis is zero."  Then I would go look at forms to make sure 7203 is populating.  I hope this helps.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I just found something else that might help.  In Settings>Options>Tax Return>Federal Tax Options, near the end, there's a drop-down field for "Basis Schedules" with four options.  Mine is set to "Always with statements."

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
navrahimian
Level 1

I have the same issue. Has this been resolved?

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

See my answer in my comment above.  You probably need to adjust your settings.  I am not getting that diagnostic.

0 Cheers
uniontaxpros
Level 1

Make sure you select Form 7203 not schedule E where it says "Link to form" on the electronic return file attachments page.

Buckpaw1
Level 1

Any luck clearing this diagnostic?  Help!

0 Cheers
uniontaxpros
Level 1

Yes I did. Just follow my previous comment. This is for proconnect. 

0 Cheers
sal25lbc
Level 1

This fixed it for me. thanks! 

0 Cheers
mmeuse
Level 1

This fixed it for me, as well. THANK YOU!!!

0 Cheers
JulioNY12193
Level 1

I'm getting the following message "Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations, must be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes" 

I went to the link area and selected form 7203, but now I'm getting three error messages instead of one.

0 Cheers