Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Tax Clients Missing

trackster2095
Level 2

I need to access a 2018 client tax return I prepared and opened 2018 Lacerte and ALL tax clients are missing for every type.  I definitely prepared the returns on the laptop where 2018 is installed.  I have copies of the pdfs of the returns on the same laptop.  I see the Lacerte/18Tax folder and subfolders  but am not sure how to restore all those missing clients - or why they are missing from the app in the first place.  Any help greatly appreciated!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

First: Look at the Views column on the left. Click All Clients. Sometimes something else is clicked and they seem to be gone.

Second: Use Client > Refresh (or click the icon just to the left of 18 -> 19 to refresh

Third: Settings > Options > Setup > Be sure Data path is where the data is. Typically for stand alone 2018 it should be C:\LACERTE\18TAX\IDATA or PDATA, etc for the other modules

Last try, use Client > Restore > select where you "see" the X:\LACERTE\18TAX\IDATA  you say you see. 

once you get this all done MAKE AT LEAST ONE BACKUP FOR EVERY MODULE FOR EVERY YEAR ON AT LEAST ONE PORTABLE DEVICE (memory stick, backup drive, CD, .....)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns