Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WI Schedules AD and SB

MACPINA
Level 2

Can entries on these forms be a negative number?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

It is probably a bit too early to really trust the functionality of the 2020 software. If you are at the input point for those entries, try pressing F1 to get more information.

Try a negative number and see what happens when you try. I have not seen very many WI users on the forum and I don't do WI. My guess by looking at the forms is that the answer is NO. AD is for additions and SB is for subtractions, so I would assume all positive numbers to either ADD or SUBRACT. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
MACPINA
Level 2

I contacted the WI DOR and they said that negative entries are not accepted. However, it is also true that they have not defined the element in their schema as a requiring a Non-Negative number so unless Intuit has added preventative measures, a negative number will pass. I have suggested to WI that they change the schema to not allow a negative number.+

0 Cheers