Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P/W

mikega
Level 2

WANT ACCEPT P/W FOR 2016 LACERTE. P/W ACCEPTED FOR ALL OTHER YRS!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

One possibility is that you need to update your prep file. You can do all  years from any year. 

Settings > Update Preparer Information > Download Prep File > OK >  Check the boxes for all  years to update (You will possibly need to enter the appropriate Installation Directory)

Directory is X:\Lacerte\YYTax\ where X is you system drive and YY is the year being updated.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I think you're saying that 2016 Lacerte won't accept your Intuit password but the other years of Lacerte will?

You're likely going to have to call Intuit support on this one.  No other Lacerte users will likely be able to troubleshoot this with you.  That said, I have a couple ideas you might try first:

1) restart the computer to clear out any open stuck issues you might have

2) make sure you're connected to the internet and not trying use offline mode so that Lacerte can check the pw against your Intuit account

3) if you recently changed your password, try using the old one.  Maybe there's some stuck glitch where you need to get into the software to clear it and get it to recognize the new one.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.  Best of luck!

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

One possibility is that you need to update your prep file. You can do all  years from any year. 

Settings > Update Preparer Information > Download Prep File > OK >  Check the boxes for all  years to update (You will possibly need to enter the appropriate Installation Directory)

Directory is X:\Lacerte\YYTax\ where X is you system drive and YY is the year being updated.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
mikega
Level 2

MANY THANKS

MIKE G

0 Cheers