Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF print from individual tax module error: Exception occurred in the tax engine

markweech
Level 1

As of today, when we try to print to PDF from the individual tax module, we get the error, "Exception occurred in the tax engine." and only partial PDFs are produced for client and preparer copies. Any solutions to this problem? We only get the error in the individual module with the other modules printing to PDF without the error.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tax Syth Lord
Level 2

Found a workaround. Under settings and options, suppress the primary SSN. Somehow this works, thanks support for that tip.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
TaxMom12
Level 3

I'm experiencing this as well.  It seems to have started after the last update was installed yesterday.  I've seen this concern in other threads so hopefully Lacerte is on top of providing us a solution. 

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

I do not know if this is your exact issue however I an aware Intuit has made this fix / tool 

From the website Lacerte Help 

PDF and Component Repair Tools for Lacerte and ProSeries

Also in the Lacerte program (or App as the kids say these days) press F 10 and there is a PDF Repair icon available - it looks like an HP LaserJet with a jingle bell... as one does.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
markweech
Level 1

Hopefully so. I have run the PDF repair tool that was suggested below and that has not solved the problem.

0 Cheers
markweech
Level 1

I have run this tool a few times and that does not solve the problem, unfortunately.

0 Cheers
Tax Syth Lord
Level 2

I had this issue last night and working with support to fix it. This has impacted my e-signature requests, as I am not able to send a copy of the return. I use right networks platform for Lacerte web based, and I need this fixed by Lacerte ASAP! I don't have the permissions to do any type of pdf repair on that platform. I have wasted at least 6 hours trying to resolve this issue and pisses me off as things were working just fine a few days ago...

0 Cheers
Tax Syth Lord
Level 2

Found a workaround. Under settings and options, suppress the primary SSN. Somehow this works, thanks support for that tip.

0 Cheers
markweech
Level 1

That did work! Thanks.

0 Cheers
RDW
Level 2

I guess my issue has been discussed last month (did not know that).  I see this "fix" that you suggested but I have two questions:  (1) there are a lot of tabs in Settings, Options.  Can you tell me exactly where the SSN suppression is?  (2) what does this do to the print out?  If the primary SSN does not come out, then this doesn't seem like a good "work around" to me.  Thanks.

0 Cheers