ajp's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ajp's Posts

Yes! I found it there.  It took me a second, but once I found it, I was able to file it directly from the EF Center.   Thank you!
Last year I filed FinCen 114 for a client who lives in London along with her 1040 return.  She signed electronically.  We were planning to do the same thing this year.  The information flowed from la... See more...
Last year I filed FinCen 114 for a client who lives in London along with her 1040 return.  She signed electronically.  We were planning to do the same thing this year.  The information flowed from last year and I updated as needed.  I marked to file FinCen 114 electronically.  I can open the form.  When I go to file, it isn't listed.  Only the federal return is listed.  Any ideas?  
Client decided he didn't want his Roth anymore and took a full distribution.  It was an early distribution, code J.  From what I've read, the initial amount put into the Roth should not be taxable, o... See more...
Client decided he didn't want his Roth anymore and took a full distribution.  It was an early distribution, code J.  From what I've read, the initial amount put into the Roth should not be taxable, only the gain on it.  That gain could also be subject to Early withdrawal penalties.   However, regardless of how I enter this form, ProSeries is putting the full amount as taxable income.   Any tips?
We hadn't found a consistent solution.  Sometimes we run "fix updates" with success.  Sometimes we go back in and try to set up the firm again.  However, most the time we move on to the next return. ... See more...
We hadn't found a consistent solution.  Sometimes we run "fix updates" with success.  Sometimes we go back in and try to set up the firm again.  However, most the time we move on to the next return.  When it finally comes back (this seems random) we quickly finish up the stuff that was on hold.  Fortunately, we don't work on returns with clients present. It would be nice if the problem went away.  It is most definitely not our network.  The server sits next to my workstation.  We are a very small firm (two people) so I know no one messed with settings. 
I'm getting this too.  I was just going to post.  I found a solution post from intuit that was listed about four days ago, but their solution isn't working because logging on to the administrator acc... See more...
I'm getting this too.  I was just going to post.  I found a solution post from intuit that was listed about four days ago, but their solution isn't working because logging on to the administrator account is "having problems" right now too. 
Is anyone else having this problem? ProSeries will lose the firm/preparer information frequently.  It is not happening because of an update.  It will be there as I work on a return.  I close that re... See more...
Is anyone else having this problem? ProSeries will lose the firm/preparer information frequently.  It is not happening because of an update.  It will be there as I work on a return.  I close that return, and even if I open the same one back up, I will now have an error for no firm/preparer information.  
Does ProSeries handle whatever is needed for the local tax associated with Pittsburg? I'm not seeing it reference on the PA state return. 
Green card holders do qualify for social security numbers.  Assuming other conditions are met, she would qualify as an "other dependent."  
I'm tentatively optimistic.  It seems to be working now with the latest update. 
whoops -- affecting all returns as well.  I'm checking for updates now even though I tried that yesterday.
Network-- affecting all machines
Anyone else?   Yesterday, mid-day, our firm and preparer information was not showing up on returns.  Errors were popping up because preparer code didn't match anyone.  Click through to see it all bl... See more...
Anyone else?   Yesterday, mid-day, our firm and preparer information was not showing up on returns.  Errors were popping up because preparer code didn't match anyone.  Click through to see it all blank.  Outside of a return, our information is still there.   
I was just finishing a corp return, using 2022; corporation fiscal years ends late in the calendar year.  I went to look at the tax history to do a little comparison, and the tax history shows that t... See more...
I was just finishing a corp return, using 2022; corporation fiscal years ends late in the calendar year.  I went to look at the tax history to do a little comparison, and the tax history shows that there was zero tax due in the prior year.  I know that isn't the case.  I opened 2021, and it shows the tax due.  However, it doesn't pull up many years on the tax history tab either.  The NOL worksheet has different numbers between the two years; it is as if it didn't get adjusted correctly when it transferred. Is this a known problem?  How do I fix the NOL to be accurate?
Interesting.  The 8979 was used.  Thanks
I generally don't either, but this was an exception due to the shear number of Wash Sale transactions. 
Perhaps I just send in the form, not the huge attachment?
Really? Wow! So, what is the point of attaching pdfs if I have to print them out and send anyway? One was a 1200+ page Brokerage document with lots of wash sale loss. Do I need to print out all shee... See more...
Really? Wow! So, what is the point of attaching pdfs if I have to print them out and send anyway? One was a 1200+ page Brokerage document with lots of wash sale loss. Do I need to print out all sheets, or would a summary be enough?  
First question:  When I attach PDFs, form 8453 prints out.  I am assuming that this form filed with the return.  I don't also have to send in the attachments, right? Second question:  When I need to... See more...
First question:  When I attach PDFs, form 8453 prints out.  I am assuming that this form filed with the return.  I don't also have to send in the attachments, right? Second question:  When I need to amend a return that had an attached PDF, I am assuming that I should delete the no longer relevant PDF and attach the corrected one in its place.  I am curious if other PDFs should remain?  
Thank you!  I had done the eservices part, but then I kept thinking I would update within the firm section on proseries.  I knew I was missing something.  Thanks for the help!
It feels like I have updated the address in every possible place, but I am clearly missing something because our old address keeps printing on the tax returns, etc.  How do we get the firm's address ... See more...
It feels like I have updated the address in every possible place, but I am clearly missing something because our old address keeps printing on the tax returns, etc.  How do we get the firm's address updated?