Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corp tax history is wrong? 2022

ajp
Level 5

I was just finishing a corp return, using 2022; corporation fiscal years ends late in the calendar year.  I went to look at the tax history to do a little comparison, and the tax history shows that there was zero tax due in the prior year.  I know that isn't the case.  I opened 2021, and it shows the tax due.  However, it doesn't pull up many years on the tax history tab either.  The NOL worksheet has different numbers between the two years; it is as if it didn't get adjusted correctly when it transferred. Is this a known problem?  How do I fix the NOL to be accurate?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you transfer the file in Dec or early Jan and are just now working on it? Or did you transfer recently?  Lots of early transfer bugs pop up.

You could make a copy of the 2021 file, give it  anew name and transfer that into 2022 and see if you get the same result.  Would rule out a bad transfer vs..a current program problem

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you transfer the file in Dec or early Jan and are just now working on it? Or did you transfer recently?  Lots of early transfer bugs pop up.

You could make a copy of the 2021 file, give it  anew name and transfer that into 2022 and see if you get the same result.  Would rule out a bad transfer vs..a current program problem

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪