Brother Jack's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brother Jack's Posts

I agree there is a problem with the program relating to Form 2441. I am trying to amend a return unrelated to form 2441 but even the original accepted return is now showing me 2441 errors looking fo... See more...
I agree there is a problem with the program relating to Form 2441. I am trying to amend a return unrelated to form 2441 but even the original accepted return is now showing me 2441 errors looking for provider information that doesn't exist. TP had W2 DCB Box 10 that was not used and therefore added back to income. ***WORKAROUND ALERT*** I turned off the error checking when I efiled the return and it was accepted.
Following Having the exact same issue that has popped up while trying to amend the original return for an unrelated matter.  Client had DCB in Box 10 W2 and now Proseries is looking for 2441 info t... See more...
Following Having the exact same issue that has popped up while trying to amend the original return for an unrelated matter.  Client had DCB in Box 10 W2 and now Proseries is looking for 2441 info that doesn't exist.
I just attempted my first MA E-file and got the same message.  Glad you chimed in and I'm not the only one. Curious if anyone has successfully  e-filed a 2022 for MA yet. I was able to e-file a cou... See more...
I just attempted my first MA E-file and got the same message.  Glad you chimed in and I'm not the only one. Curious if anyone has successfully  e-filed a 2022 for MA yet. I was able to e-file a couple 2021 returns two days ago but am still waiting for acknowledgement.
also missing from the short cut list is the BIlling/invoice form. The status form and invoice form can still be found though,  through the left side forms in use tab.  I do hope they fix this and br... See more...
also missing from the short cut list is the BIlling/invoice form. The status form and invoice form can still be found though,  through the left side forms in use tab.  I do hope they fix this and bring back the short cut.
I just looked myself at both the Partnership and SCorp module.  I don't see a "status" form at all in any of the listed columns.  It is usually in the first column .
there was an alert posted on the software today telling you the procedure. It involves filing from the efile homebase and removing the conversion error check by unchecking that box.  
It's working now based on the Alert I just received. It involves shutting off the error checking Thank you for getting this going in due time
The solution you posted does not appear to be a solution at all. In Mass we have the one extra day to file both Federal & State returns due to the Patriots Day Holiday. Trying to file a FEDERAL ext... See more...
The solution you posted does not appear to be a solution at all. In Mass we have the one extra day to file both Federal & State returns due to the Patriots Day Holiday. Trying to file a FEDERAL extension is not working.   In past years the solution was to remove error checking. (That was working at 2am this morning but no longer) This is not working now and the Federal extensions are not transmitting. I have numerous extensions to file including many with payments. please find a solution
The Broker had no problem rolling the money over he should be brought in to fix  the issue.... but yes I know what you mean about the big houses and lack of service. Sometimes you get lucky. It's ki... See more...
The Broker had no problem rolling the money over he should be brought in to fix  the issue.... but yes I know what you mean about the big houses and lack of service. Sometimes you get lucky. It's kind of an odd mistake so I'm still not convinced the transactions were done correctly but that is not your problem...thankfully.      
Something is not right with that. I don't think a 1099R should have been issued to the Trust if the account was transferred to beneficiary accounts. I assume the Box 7 distribution code is not a G  T... See more...
Something is not right with that. I don't think a 1099R should have been issued to the Trust if the account was transferred to beneficiary accounts. I assume the Box 7 distribution code is not a G  They should probably go back to the brokerage and have it corrected or certainly explain why it was issued.  Either that or the transfers to the inherited accounts was the wrong thing to do. You can't have it both ways. Since the Trust received the 1099R,  if they are not correcting it, I have no idea what to do with the income report. I know of no provision to add the income and then back it out on a 1041 form. You wouldn't pass it through to the beneficiaries on a K-1. It would show as other income and not as a IRS/Pension distribution There is  not provision for them to "roll over" on their returns. I think the 1099R needs correction.
Do you know if the 1099R is for the complete account liquidation or perhaps just an RMD amount the decedent was required to take.    
Thank you TGB I created a PDF statement with a simple explanation of 100% benefits claimed by parent. I also attached within the PDF a copy of the 8962 that was filled in (but not part of the return... See more...
Thank you TGB I created a PDF statement with a simple explanation of 100% benefits claimed by parent. I also attached within the PDF a copy of the 8962 that was filled in (but not part of the return) including the populated Part IV showing  0%.claimed and also the parents Soc Sec #. I attached to the return as type "other" attachment and a description as " ACA Explanation" E-filed again and was accepted. thanks for your time and solution. jack
By checking the Box on the Sched D you are generating the 8453. It says so on the misc options smart worksheet On the 1099-B worksheet i just report the gross totals of each category (LT,ST, Covered... See more...
By checking the Box on the Sched D you are generating the 8453. It says so on the misc options smart worksheet On the 1099-B worksheet i just report the gross totals of each category (LT,ST, Covered,non covered) I  DON'T check that box on sched d and just attach a PDF of the trades and select 8949 from the drop down list of the PDF attachment menu. Always works for me.
I have numerous questions on this but will start with 1. Who instructed the Brokerage house to create and distribute the account to the (ultimate) beneficiaries.Somebody had to provide them with the... See more...
I have numerous questions on this but will start with 1. Who instructed the Brokerage house to create and distribute the account to the (ultimate) beneficiaries.Somebody had to provide them with the information 2. Did the beneficiaries liquidate their accounts before the end of the year? or do some remain beneficiary accounts
Seen this discussed recently but did not want to hijack the threads My situation is a reject for a non dependent child's return who's parents have the 1095A; who's return I also prepared.  100% of t... See more...
Seen this discussed recently but did not want to hijack the threads My situation is a reject for a non dependent child's return who's parents have the 1095A; who's return I also prepared.  100% of the 1095A info was reported on the parents return who received additional PTC credit.. That return was accepted without issue. For the Non-dependent I completed the 1095A worksheet line for line using all the information from the parents 1095A. I then allocated 0% to the non-dependent.  That info flows to the 8962 Part IV properly but the 8962 is not a (F6) highlighted form or part of the return.. I can't get proseries to generate a Form 8962. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong,  and the return continues to reject with the standard F8962-70 error. What am I missing here Appreciate any help or guidance.
it does make a difference. any state tax withheld from a K-1 is entered on the K-1 input sheet. In the case of Partnership it is entered on the Sch K-1 Partnership additional info 1 scroll down th... See more...
it does make a difference. any state tax withheld from a K-1 is entered on the K-1 input sheet. In the case of Partnership it is entered on the Sch K-1 Partnership additional info 1 scroll down the page to Code W: Other deductions Line 5  State income tax withheld               State Name        and amount If there is more than one State with withholding, it requires a little more creativity but for one State it is easy.  
What kind of K-1, trust, scorp, or partnership  
The Mass DOR has yet to define what constitutes "Household Income". They mention in the proposed law before it was signed using Federal Guidelines. They even put household income in quotations. Does ... See more...
The Mass DOR has yet to define what constitutes "Household Income". They mention in the proposed law before it was signed using Federal Guidelines. They even put household income in quotations. Does a dependent child use the quideline? Is child support received household income? Does a parent include dependents wages as part of household income?  There are too many unanswered questions at this time. I'm still on hold with these returns waiting more clarification.At least we know how to handle the subtraction when these issues are clarified.
I just checked a recent client I filed requesting the same. I am also getting the same message  where the first payment is blank (-0)  the second is doubled up just like yours. Never noticed it on th... See more...
I just checked a recent client I filed requesting the same. I am also getting the same message  where the first payment is blank (-0)  the second is doubled up just like yours. Never noticed it on the review. The client letter is printing out normal though. No idea why it says that. I guess I'll find out when April 15th arrives and it comes out of the account or not. Just another item to follow up on that will probably be a nothing burger.
sorry I hit reply too quick thank you for the clarification now it's very clear. If the Mother retains the right to revoke then you are correct you will file a MA Form 2. If there is DNI for 100% ... See more...
sorry I hit reply too quick thank you for the clarification now it's very clear. If the Mother retains the right to revoke then you are correct you will file a MA Form 2. If there is DNI for 100% of income then there will be no tax due as it will pass to the beneficiaries and you will indicate they are non residents. Maine will get the tax on the beneficiaries returns if required to file.