Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441

TaxLady17
Level 1

Dep Care Amt on W-2.  No dependent care for 2441. Return will not EFILE.  Form 2441 cannot be deleted.  Is there a work-around to allow for EFILE?  It worked earlier in the season, but not now.   Standing by.

Thanks in advance for a "fix".  Really do not want to mail return.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Brother Jack
Level 3

Following

Having the exact same issue that has popped up while trying to amend the original return for an unrelated matter. 

Client had DCB in Box 10 W2 and now Proseries is looking for 2441 info that doesn't exist.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think the 2441 has an issue all around, Im getting a weird rejection for one

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/weird-2441-rejection/00...

@IntuitGabi  looks like the 2441 does have an issue, its not just my rejection problem.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Brother Jack
Level 3

I agree there is a problem with the program relating to Form 2441.

I am trying to amend a return unrelated to form 2441 but even the original accepted return is now showing me 2441 errors looking for provider information that doesn't exist. TP had W2 DCB Box 10 that was not used and therefore added back to income.

***WORKAROUND ALERT***

I turned off the error checking when I efiled the return and it was accepted.

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Just-Lisa-Now- Thank you! I'll make sure I pass this along. 

0 Cheers
Dash
Level 2

Definitely a problem with Form 2441.  Client has a child dependent, but no dependent care expenses, no DCB withholding, but Pro Series is insisting I fill out Provider info on Form 2441.  Don't remember this being an issue when working on extensions back in April.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the details @Dash, we'll be looking into this. 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently unable to replicate this situation, we'll need to verify with a client file. Contact ProSeries so we can take a deeper look. 

How to contact ProSeries 1-800-434-6818

How to sanitize a client file in ProSeries

Thanks for your patience, I will update this thread if I get more details on this. 

0 Cheers