larrygrussell1's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

larrygrussell1's Posts

Here is where I am trying to export to an Excel the "Form Charges": Settings > Client Invoice > Form Charges   <== Lacerte has a "Print" but not an "Export" button and not an "Import" button.
I've used Client Invoice Form Charges since 2004 and each year I print last year (2022) and pencil in the new charges for 2023 by applying an inflation increase (3% this time) and then keypunching ea... See more...
I've used Client Invoice Form Charges since 2004 and each year I print last year (2022) and pencil in the new charges for 2023 by applying an inflation increase (3% this time) and then keypunching each 2023 form charge into Lacerte.   With federal and 10 states for Individual and adding the PShip, Corp, SCorp and Fiduciary fee schedules, this is a HUGE list of individual forms to update and keypunch.  3 Hours to update 2023 Form Charges.  Totally unnecessary and time wasted. LACERTE PLEASE let me simply Export to a spreadsheet, apply my inflation percentage, and then Upload the new Form Charges to the Client Invoice Form Charges. PLEASE.  PRETTY PLEASE. BEGGING.    
Thanks for your input DatabaseRobert! Yes I tried all of the following (none worked). 1.  Exit and restart Lacerte 2.  Change from Individual to SCorp and back 3.  Complete a WebInstall / force -... See more...
Thanks for your input DatabaseRobert! Yes I tried all of the following (none worked). 1.  Exit and restart Lacerte 2.  Change from Individual to SCorp and back 3.  Complete a WebInstall / force - Lacerte Tool Hub 4.  Complete a Component reinstall - Lacerte Tool Hub 5.  Insure that at the main client screen that, Views = All Clients and also that no Filter was applied. 6.  Update eSignature Status 7.  eSignature Dashboard - Insure no filter applied 8.  Call Lacerte Help for eSignature.  They were clueless. NONE OF THE ABOVE WORKED. HERE IS WHAT FINALLY WORKED: Void eSignature.  The Voided eSignature immediately appeared on the eSignature Dashboard. Request a new eSignature.  The new eSignature immediately appeared on the eSignature Dashboard.
Hi DatabaseRobert! Yes, first thing I checked was that No Filters were applied.  3 eSignatue clients disappeared anyway but all other eSignature clients were right there where they should be. I've ... See more...
Hi DatabaseRobert! Yes, first thing I checked was that No Filters were applied.  3 eSignatue clients disappeared anyway but all other eSignature clients were right there where they should be. I've seen this happen over and over again, but it doesn't apply in my case.
Hi VenuR.  I took your question to mean, exactly HOW IN LACERTE to report and deduct your partner's interest expense on her debt financed partnership capital contribution. We have the (almost) exact... See more...
Hi VenuR.  I took your question to mean, exactly HOW IN LACERTE to report and deduct your partner's interest expense on her debt financed partnership capital contribution. We have the (almost) exact situation.  My client, the Son, bought his Mothers shares in her SCorp.  Mom was the 100% owner.  Son signed a note payable to Mom and became the new 100% owner. For Lacerte, we record the Son's SCorp K-1 as usual.  Then we record a second K-1 for that same SCorp (duplicating the same name, fein, etc) - and for the 2nd K-1 we enter the debt financed interest paid by the Son to the Mother as negative amount in "Ordinary business income (loss)".  We footnote that the second K-1 is the Debt Financed acquisition interest. We have followed this procedure for years now and have no issues to date with the IRS.
ESignature Requests sent Thursday 9/21/2023 that Appeared correctly on Friday 9/22/2023 suddenly DISAPPEARED Saturday 9/23/2023 from eSignatue Dashboard and have still not re-appeared. Oddly, on the... See more...
ESignature Requests sent Thursday 9/21/2023 that Appeared correctly on Friday 9/22/2023 suddenly DISAPPEARED Saturday 9/23/2023 from eSignatue Dashboard and have still not re-appeared. Oddly, on the main Client screen the "eSig Status" correctly shows, "Sent". This is for Individual 2022 Lacerte.  I have closed and re-opened the Lacerte program several times but this has not worked. Today Monday 9/25/2023 I called Lacerte Support for eSignature but they were unable to fix the missing clients issue.
10/10/2022: Our Lacerte 2016 just gave us the "Browser not supported" error and we couldn't log in. This fixed it first try: Lacerte Tool Hub, Version 1.3.1.0 - Install, WebSetup /force, Select Ta... See more...
10/10/2022: Our Lacerte 2016 just gave us the "Browser not supported" error and we couldn't log in. This fixed it first try: Lacerte Tool Hub, Version 1.3.1.0 - Install, WebSetup /force, Select Tax Year 2016, Run Websetup, then answer Yes  
This worked for me: Lacerte Tool Hub / Install / WebSetup /force / Select Tax Year 2021 / run Websetup. Hope that helps you!
This worked for me: Lacerte Tool Hub / Install / WebSetup /force / Select Tax Year 2021 / run Websetup. Hope that helps you!
Agree.  I print an Organizer to "pdf" on desktop and then drag kicking and screaming (me, not the pdf) to DMS. FYI I can print an Organizer to email which works perfectly.
Hi Everyone!  Please follow George4Tacks reply to ask Lacerte for this feature.  I already have, now it's your turn if it pleases you.
Hi everyone, please follow George4Tacks reply to ask Lacerte for this change.  I already have, now your turn if it pleases you.
Everyone who reads this and would like this change, please follow George4Tacks reply and ask Lacerte for this change.  I have already, now your turn if it pleases you.
eFile 2019 1040X requires that the Original return was efiled. You may NOT efile a 2019 1040X to amend a paper filed return - per the IRS. 
May we please have a button to convert a Dependent to a Tax Client? Please and thank you.
May we please have a DYMO Label Printer "Add-in" for Lacerte? I would like to print mailing labels to the client, return labels from the client to me, and tax filing labels for the client to mail th... See more...
May we please have a DYMO Label Printer "Add-in" for Lacerte? I would like to print mailing labels to the client, return labels from the client to me, and tax filing labels for the client to mail their return, extension payment, estimate payment, etc., Please and thank you.
May we please have an override [O] to force Single for Form W-4 on a joint return? Please and thank you!
Thank you abctax55!  We have a short list of Year 2019 individual returns to amend (late received 1099's, corrected tax reporting forms, etc).  I REALLY do not want to print piles of paper for the am... See more...
Thank you abctax55!  We have a short list of Year 2019 individual returns to amend (late received 1099's, corrected tax reporting forms, etc).  I REALLY do not want to print piles of paper for the amendments.  All amended returns are "completed" on the computer but not yet printed - we are just waiting for the electronic Federal Amended to open.  Your response was most helpful.  Thank you.
Is Amended Federal Individual eFile available?  For what years?
THIS WORKED!  Nothing else worked until I found your post. THANK YOU!