Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Hi there,

We have many years of Lacerte installed in our system at work.  We tried to log into our Lacerte 2016 and keep getting the message from Intuit Proconnect that "browser not supported - download the latest version of one of these browsers to continue."  

However it doesn't list any browsers below and I am pretty sure we have Chrome, Firefox and Edge - and hopefully all updated.  

We've tried on several computers but to no avail.  I also tried to look up a solution online but nothing really helpful.  Do we need to delete cookies/browsing history for this one or is there something else we can do?

Thanks so much!! 🙂 

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

From the banner, at the top of this forum: 

Lacerte Login error: "You’ll need to update your software to access your Intuit Account here" Learn More

And there are dozens of threads on the issue.

Use WebSetUp or Lacerte Tool Hub to update the software for prior years.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/install-products/perform-force-install-lace...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Hi there-

Thanks so much for offering to help 🙂 I did go to the link on how to fix this problem. I tried using the Lacerte Tool Hub and have the latest version (1.3.0.1), but it doesn't have the "Login" tab that it mentions in this article in Step 2 (which refers to version 1.3.0.0.) - https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/system-responses/fix-common-problems-errors...

The version of Tool Hub that I have has a tab that says Install and on that section it says WebSetup / Force - I'm wondering if that is the one I need....

I will try other methods in the meantime.  Thank you so much 🙂 

0 Cheers
ArtyFacts123
Level 3

Hi there,

I also attempted the fix using the 2016 Lacerte web setup and that only updated the states - not the IE issue 😞  Unless I missed something? 

0 Cheers
larrygrussell1
Level 3

10/10/2022: Our Lacerte 2016 just gave us the "Browser not supported" error and we couldn't log in.

This fixed it first try:

Lacerte Tool Hub, Version 1.3.1.0

- Install, WebSetup /force, Select Tax Year 2016, Run Websetup, then answer Yes