garman22's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

garman22's Posts

Illinois seems to be sleeping as I have several batches that have not been accepted. IRS is cool.
Make sure on the fed info worksheet page you quickzoom to Wi NR and put zero down on earnings from WI. Then there is a line to put Illinois on Wisconsin State Return. There now should be the full ref... See more...
Make sure on the fed info worksheet page you quickzoom to Wi NR and put zero down on earnings from WI. Then there is a line to put Illinois on Wisconsin State Return. There now should be the full refund. As of now its seems like its taxing it.    Make sense?
If he is full resident of Illinois and works in WI, he should be refunded the whole dollar amount and he will owe Illinois tax on that income. 
I hope you ended here by mistake.    Yes, the property must be depreciated if used as a proper rental. 
So long as it allows them to work, I also believe you could use it as a credit for dependent care. Its been a minute since I last did one. Otherwise its a Schedule A medical expense. 
@BobKamman wrote: Have you seen an IRS transcript?  The statute of limitations stops running when the return is filed.  If there is a frozen refund, IRS can still unfreeze it.  But I wouldn't be... See more...
@BobKamman wrote: Have you seen an IRS transcript?  The statute of limitations stops running when the return is filed.  If there is a frozen refund, IRS can still unfreeze it.  But I wouldn't be surprised if a refund was eventually sent and cashed by someone who now doesn't remember.   No sir, I have not seen any transcript. I prepared the return in question in 2017. I saw the letter that was sent to his last known address (parents). Why they never sought me out is beyond me. I've prepared the family for a long long time. I told him I would try to recover if possible.
@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote: Did he just get outta jail now?  What was he doing 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023?  Has he verified his ID now?   Good question. He was behind bars until May of this year.... See more...
@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote: Did he just get outta jail now?  What was he doing 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023?  Has he verified his ID now?   Good question. He was behind bars until May of this year. Apparently prisoners received their stimulus checks even behind bars.  He has not verified ID that I know of. 
Hi All, Has anyone in their career come across this before and was anyone successful? Taxpayer filed in 2017 and was due a refund. IRS sent identity letter and held back refund. Taxpayer was inca... See more...
Hi All, Has anyone in their career come across this before and was anyone successful? Taxpayer filed in 2017 and was due a refund. IRS sent identity letter and held back refund. Taxpayer was incarcerated that year and could not respond to said letter.  Question: is there any recourse here? Taxpayer would've gotten refund if not for IRS issuing identity letter. Im wondering if he is SOL? Thanks.
It might be a little stuffy...........I use Hey quite a bit. For me its just a different way to greet instead the old boring HI or Hello. Hey for me is just a more familiar greeting than Hi or Hell... See more...
It might be a little stuffy...........I use Hey quite a bit. For me its just a different way to greet instead the old boring HI or Hello. Hey for me is just a more familiar greeting than Hi or Hello. 
@BobKamman wrote: And it goes without saying that since this is not an arm's-length transaction, no loss is allowed.    I agree. While a niece might not be a related party....its certainly... See more...
@BobKamman wrote: And it goes without saying that since this is not an arm's-length transaction, no loss is allowed.    I agree. While a niece might not be a related party....its certainly not arms length. 
This would be my answer, since you have tuition expenses (even tho you chose to use the credit) the system recognizes the fact there were expenses for school and thus the penalty is not imposed.  T... See more...
This would be my answer, since you have tuition expenses (even tho you chose to use the credit) the system recognizes the fact there were expenses for school and thus the penalty is not imposed.  Thats how I interpret the law.
Usually when distribution is not used for education expenses. 
Do you mean a penalty?
This is a common form and they still cant address it? Sheeeeesh, its not some off the wall form here. I wonder who determines the dates for the programmers to update? Extremely antiquated. 
@IRonMaN wrote: "There is NO Form 5740" That could explain a lot of the navigation issues 😁 Lol, that would make things a little tough. 
There is NO Form 5740............   Form 1299-I.
So the most they will get is with 3 kids. The 4th or beyond doesnt do them any good from EITC standpoint. That amount should transfer from the fed's and we get 20%. BUT....................ITINS are n... See more...
So the most they will get is with 3 kids. The 4th or beyond doesnt do them any good from EITC standpoint. That amount should transfer from the fed's and we get 20%. BUT....................ITINS are not carrying. This is our wonderful software programmers. They cant get it correctly.  I overrode and put my own amount. I THINK I disabled error checking but I cannot remember. 
Illinois goes off of federal amount. How are you expecting EIC based off of more than 3 children? 
IRC 1341..........   Oh man its been a minute, You need to compute the credit and I dont remember if you manually enter Sec 1341 or if there is a line item.  Have you tried searching in this da... See more...
IRC 1341..........   Oh man its been a minute, You need to compute the credit and I dont remember if you manually enter Sec 1341 or if there is a line item.  Have you tried searching in this database?