Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-2G address error

engelsacct
Level 1

I get an error message when entering the taxpayers address in the W-2G gambling winnings screen. I get the error whether I enter the info or have the system transfer the info from the information page. It will let me file the return with the errors even though everything entered is correct

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

there was a program alert about this last week, yellow banner across the top of the program screen.

Solved: Investigating: 2023 IND W-2G Error for Both Foreign and US address - Intuit Accountants Comm...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

You, and *hundreds* of other PS users.

Known issue, numerous, long threads on the topic.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

This is a common form and they still cant address it? Sheeeeesh, its not some off the wall form here. I wonder who determines the dates for the programmers to update? Extremely antiquated. 

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

admin said should be fixed tomorrow...  fix one break two.  gives programmers job security

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

I disabled error checking right before converting and transmitting today on a w2g that had four errors because of this nonsense. I'm not going to try to enter the address at another spot or whatever the solution is that others have said . It was accepted in 10 minutes. The amount was over $150,000 on one w2g. Therefore if that was accepted, I don't see why others wouldn't be accepted. I am not going to make a mountain out of this molehill BS.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its only the first column that has an issue, if you skip Column 1 and just enter them in the other columns, no error

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪