Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

940 FORM 2023

lynnangell
Level 2

When will the 940 form be released on Intuit EasyAcct Proseries?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Troese
Level 3

It was released.  I just called and had to have someone walk me through uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.  Once we did that I was able to get the 940 form for the 2023 year.

I hope this helps.

lynnangell
Level 2

Thank you.

0 Cheers
jsacct
Level 1

This is total crap.  Intuit doesn't give a crap about its users.  The 940 form is as simple as is gets.  Those idiots can figure it out.  I loaded my update today and the 940 is still not available.

This stuff should be automatic.  I have had to calculate 940 forms manually for entry level bookkeepers.

This is unacceptable it is the middle of the month and 90 of FUTA returns should be done already

Jerry W

Only4Me
Level 3

Are they saying we all have to call so they can walk us through how to uninstall and reinstall?

0 Cheers
Troese
Level 3

Go into Settings - Installed Apps

Find the EasyACCT program and uninstall it.  When asked about keeping the directories hit YES for each one.

Once that is complete:  Under File Explorer - find the EASYW file, rename it to EASYWOLD

Then sign into your Intuit account and Download the 2023 version.

Once you restart your computer after the install, you should be good.

Hope this helps!

cin15
Level 3

I am on the phone with support.  It's a joke.  First questions from her was "Why did you update, did you get an email or something?"  Next questions was what software was I using?  She had me reboot twice after having me rename my easyW file.  Then had me download the software as we couldn't uninstall the program.  My client files are not showing up when I open the program.  She tried to get me to rename the easywold file back to easyw.  I told her it would not let me rename a file that already existed.  She had me open the list of files under intuit.  Kept asking me what files were in the EasyW file.  Told her I didn't know as she had just had me do that.  She had me open it and look at the files and informed me I should know what my clients look like in the files.  I opened the EasyWold file and showed her where my clients were located.  Informed her my file has to be named easyw/data so my employees can pull up the clients.  She went back to trying to get me to rename the Easywold file to easyw.  THEN she told me to just delete my easyWold file!!!!  OMG  it would have deleted all my clients.  Who are these support people??  I asked to be moved up a level for support.  She has put me on hold.  Pretty sure I'm not getting any help today.  She needs to be moved off the support line.  She was texting and typing the entire time.  I could hear the swoosh of her texts.  I had to keep asking her to look at the screen and tell me what to click on next.  UPDATE  She is refusing to send me to someone else after I have been on hold another 15 minutes.  She said she was ending the call and hung up. So I guess I lose another evening of work when I don't have the time to do that.  This is awful!!!

Dianna
Level 3

Oh my gosh! I had issue with support too, thankfully it worked out, but getting the issue fixed was a nightmare that I had to also try and figure out and I am not a programmer. It's a complete joke for how much this program costs!! It's complete bs that we have to go through these hoops just to get the 940 that should already have been included in the new software from the start!

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

I called back after she hung up and got a guy that really knew what he was doing.  He fixed it in about 10 minutes.  The other lady had me on the phone for almost an hour.  I am glad it is fixed but agree that we should not have to jump through those hoops.  I lost 2.5 hours yesterday on a software issue. Ridiculous.  

IntuitGabi

An update was released on Friday to resolve this. If you continue to have issues with 940, make sure you have the most recent update installed
Thanks for your reports and sharing your experience with others. Hope this helps, happy filing! 

0 Cheers