Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sole Proprietor Paying an S Corp

elofox
Level 1

I'm a sole proprietor and I partnered with an actual S Corp company on a project. I paid them their share.

When I file my taxes in April and need to deduct the amount I paid the S corp (so I don't get taxed on it), do I need to show proof of the amount I paid them (check images)? Or does the IRS take your word for it and in case of audit, then you show proof?

How does it work?

Thanks

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

"so I don't get taxed on it"

It's no different than buying from Staples or paying your Rent or electricity. Other than, if that is Services, send them a W9 and when you get it back, keep it on file. That proves you are excluded from sending them a 1099-NEC.

And by the way...

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Income Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte Tax Preparation programs, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Your sign in user info here is the same one you can use over at the TurboTax forum.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

I wonder if postings like these can be deleted. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I wonder if postings like these can be deleted."

We used to be able to lock them. Now all we do is post that Macro answer, which Intuit provided. There is a TurboTax version and a QuickBooks version. I admit to modifying it a bit, but the point was to give us their approved verbiage. Because otherwise, I guess the response might depend on how many of these people get lost each day. Tax Season is the worst of it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.