Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more IRS scam e-mail

George4Tacks
Level 15

I just got this one today. It looks pretty good, but ...

IRS Refund.jpg

The big blue part has a link to a google image of that big blue part. I do not see any links in the e-mail to get me into trouble. My guess is either they are just testing to see if their e-mail lists are working, or they are just plain DUMB. 

You decide! Make sure you talk with your clients. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are going to receive a tax return, is there a way to find out whose tax return it is ahead of time?  I wonder how many calculations they do since this e-mail is the result of the lat calculations.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"After the lat annual calculations of your fiscal activity" is just too much fancy phrasing. God save us from when they hire someone who uses normal, street, US English. I overlook the typos; you find those nearly everywhere, nowadays.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PATAX
Level 15

Had a second client that received similar letter a couple of days ago. She knew it was fake immediately but still sent it to me to verify. She just happens to be the tax collector of a large local entity, so you would think the rocket scientists would send it to someone else. But then again they can't use proper English so what do you expect.