Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Is Hiring. Not Enough Want The Job

BobKamman
Level 15

From the Commissioner’s written statement for the Ways and Means hearing last week:

. . .We attempted to mitigate these issues by starting the FY 2021 CSR hiring process earlier than normal with the anticipation that the high unemployment rate throughout the country might result in larger applicant pools in all locations. However, this was not the case. We set a CSR hiring goal for FY 2021 of 5,000 CSRs but have encountered significant challenges hiring during the pandemic, including low applicant pools in some locations, delays in fingerprinting, and delays in processing applicants. As such, the IRS has onboarded approximately 3,800 CSRs, our largest-ever hiring of phone assistors for the filing season, for a total of approximately 13,760 CSRs. . . . We also expect to hire an additional 1,000 CSRs with the funding provided in the American Rescue Plan for the third round of EIPs and the child tax credit changes to address potential call volume increases.

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Comment 1
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would apply .......................... but I just got that new gig lined up at Walmart and I don't want to let them down.

Slava Ukraini!