Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not have EFIN yet.

deleting comment, have been rudely replied to, and turned in a user already to "flag as inappropriate". 

SIGH.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Any help from the community"

Intuit markets to you, and they got you to use the two programs, even if you are not qualified to use them. You are asking to E-File, which is not the same as Filing.

So, you might as well file to get EFIN:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/business-information/help/how-do-i-enter-my-efin-ptin-and-er...

Because 2017, 2018 and 2019 are not under a deadline that makes a difference now.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

It's too late to efile the 2017 return anyway, even if you had an EFIN. You can only efile current and two prior years.

Has your exempt status been revoked?

Maybe you should be submitting the delinquent 990s with the reinstatement application? (I forget the procedure.)

Ex-AllStar

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@User ID anonymous  

If you are not an enrolled agent or other professional tax preparer, you are not qualified to efile until you go through the process per the IRS to get qualified.

That isn't stating anything about your Abilities.

Sheesh.

You can be sold a dumptruck, with no training, and still have to figure out how it works, and be licensed for that vehicle.

Intuit Markets their products as "so easy; see how they are integrated? Feel free to use all of them." They never told you the rest of the story: That you should have some Knowledge, and perhaps some certifications, and even authority from agencies such as the IRS.

You know this is true. You are already trying to catch up things that were overlooked or no one even bothered to care enough to do what was required for that entity.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Just because you misunderstood my comment, doesn't mean I was being rude to you. But hey, I did provide a link that showed you how Intuit was handling everything you asked. Because you are in the Intuit-world, as I already pointed out. To use their products, you still have to meet outside requirements, and get qualified by the IRS.

Sorry you found that fact offensive. Remember this is a peer community on the internet, and your topic will help the next confused person. Because a lot of people think ProConnect is like TurboTax for higher-level DIY, and it's Not That Product.

qbteachmt
Level 15

@User ID anonymous  

And by the way, I pointed out you still can File. Just not Efile.

Sheesh; now you made me angry. It's such a loss to this community that you removed your initial question.