Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect zip on W2

RoseNJ
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as the EIN matches with the employer and the wages and withholding are correct, I don't think that is a deal breaker.  

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

@RoseNJ 

This is not a keyword search robot response function. This is on the Internet. You posted a topic with only a Title. You didn't identify if you are using ProConnect, Lacerte or ProSeries to prepare your client's tax return. You did not specify if this ZIP is for your client, the employer, or your client, the employee. You didn't even explain why the wrong zip would be an issue.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
RoseNJ
Level 1

I was having difficulties entering the question onthe chat.

The W2 looks fine but when I entered the data into proseries , the error message said it was wrong and would prevent electronic filing.

So how do you correct the proserieres database of zip codes or whatever source they use for such?

I even called the employer and asked if the zip was correct.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Chat" would be with Intuit from in product, and that is Not This Place. This is not Chat.

Even though this is Lacerte, try reading this:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-diagnostics/372/ta-p/101350

Someone else mentioned it was their own ProSeries address, not the W2 employer or the employee zip, that was a problem.

Use a browser and click this link:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax/discussion/03/303

That is this place = a discussion forum. Use that link to see the ProSeries Community and start you topic there using Ask The Community.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.