Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a RDP Return

Maggie
Level 1

In fiiling a RDP pursuant to chief counsel advise memo 201021050 how can I file 2 federal and one California state return without creating 3 different files?

I input all the information of both TP to create the State. Then I went back to duplicate the file in order to file one of the federal tax and again duplicated the file to send the 2nd federal tax but the program said that the file was already created and would not let me send it. I went back to EF center and unchecked EF return, but it still didn’t let me until I completely renamed the first return (the one that I filed the State with).   After all this was done I did not get an acknowledgment of the 2nd. Federal return. I finally called Proseries to confirm that all 3 returns had been approved.   Once again my question is how can I do all this without creating 3 different files?

Maggie

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion