Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disfunctional eSignature on ProSeries 2-29-2020

escobedoe
Level 1

Printer went down Saturday and booked with appointments.  Clients requested eSignatures to process tax returns.  We did a total of five and I paid for an additional 10 eSigntures.  One by one, each client failed verification despite putting in correct information.  I didn't have this problem in early February. 

We had printer repaired later that day but the damage was done.  Each client had to return to sign 8879.  

We called technical support who said no such problem was reported 2-29-2020.  I requested a refund and was transferred to customer service who said refund not possible.  After pressing, they finally said they would refund my fees.

Since eSignature is not working, I recommend e-mailing the tax return and have them send back the 8879.  Under the Best Evidence Rule, which is uniform throughout the country, a signed e-mail or faxed copy would suffice.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion