Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 1040-X for return I did not originally file - trying to change from MFS to MFJ; followed the step by step instructions and it says the 1040-X is not completed. What am I missing?.

justwanttoknow
Level 2

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

You followed these instructions===How do I amend a 1040 in ProSeries? - Intuit Accountants Community

What says the 1040X is not complete?   What does it say if you Check Errors ?

0 Cheers
justwanttoknow
Level 2

There were no errors in the final review and when I filed the return, it came back that the return was not complete and when I saved the return to e-file, it stated that the return was not complete.  With that being said, I did some further research and found out that amending a return to change the filing status can not be e-filed.  So I have to send it in on paper.  Thank you for your response, but I think the issue has been solved - operator error.

dkh
Level 15

🙂

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@justwanttoknow do you have an official site for not being able to efile 1040-X for change of filling status. I assume you are not referring to not being able to file 1040-X to change status from MFJ to separate.

0 Cheers