Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST TAX YEAR EVER

mdtao31
Level 7

this is the most trying year since i have been filing taxes

and i have been doing this for 40 yrs my clients ask me

about thier taxes and i am like a deer in the headlights

state refunds "MAY" be issued in may and federal

corrections will be done by IRS then i have to see

if IRS corrections are correct.

regards, LARRY

stay safe

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
dkh
Level 15

Larry - I agree.  If I was new to this business I'd be making a new career choice.   I lost a few clients this year because of my covid restrictions.  No big deal - good bye to them if they can't wear a mask.  However, I can't get clients to understand the backlog I'm experiencing this year.  They are frustrated and probably won't be back next year.

EDIT:   30+years    stopped taking new clients 2 years ago  -   looking forward to retirement

TAXOH
Level 11

I agree this is the worst tax year.  But I have been extremely lucky as far as my clients have been.  They all have been understanding once I explain the situation to them.  I also have received more new clients this year than in any other year.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

My clients have been very understanding as well and Ive picked up quite a few new ones!

Very thankful for the additional 30 days, I didnt want it to drag out to July again, but 30 days takes the pressure off so I dont have to work 10-12 hour days.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have been doing this for 40+ years and this has been the best year ever.  Software ran flawlessly, clients had all of their information in on the first pass, no holdups waiting for IRS or software updates, and ...................................... hold on a second.  That last anvil really threw me for a loop.  Now that I am finally coming around, all I can say is - this year really, really sucked.🤕

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

39+ years and the worst.

Downloading from client portals has become a full-time job.

93% (I keep track) of clients did not have everything.

Clients sending information piece by piece, week by week.

Clients emailing at midnight and if not responded by 8am they call to complain.

Clients becoming more lazy.  Take a picture and send it.  Thanks for the 325 pictures.

I'm older and much more grumpier.

I'm envious of friends who worked for government, got full retirement benefits and full health care an I have $12.16 in my SEP.

Watching clients who are seriously dumber than me but their W-2's reflect $800,000 of wages.

Should I go on?

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Clients sending information piece by piece, week by week."

We are Johnny Cash fans and we sing "One Piece at a Time" pretty much on a daily basis as the client information trickles in.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

👍 He was a good man... God Rest his Soul....

dascpa
Level 11

Johnny "Cash"

"Money" for Nothing

Meatloaf "I Want My Money Back" <-- great song

"She Works Hard for the Money"

"Take the Money and Run"

now back to a FBAR with 82 foreign accounts.......