Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 compatability with Proseries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone having issues with Proseries crashing Windows 10? I use Windows 10 Home 64 bit and upgraded to the most recent version. I am having issues with the computer crashing at least once a day. Today it happened when i tried to open Proseries. I am current on updates. Just wanted to know if anyone else was having issues. Trying to figure out the issue.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try going to your start menu.  Click on ProSeries and then click repair updates.  That seems to be the duct tape answer to a lot of issues this year.  If that doesn't work, you might want to consider uninstalling and reinstalling ProSeries.

Slava Ukraini!
Irisjazz
Level 1

Mine is crashing all the time.  When I was trying to eFile Corporate returns on Monday, it would either fail after the conversion or just crash.  Now it's happening on the Individual side.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That kinda stuff makes for a very looooooooooooooooooooong tax season.

Slava Ukraini!
j1_a_k1
Level 2

These possibilities may or may not be of value in your situation; however, it beats waiting for the reBoot process.

You Win 10 v1909 2020-03 would be the latest which if on a metered/measured internet connection may not have actually been downloaded/installed.

At the command prompt as administrator:  sfc  /SCANNOW

If you do not have administrator permissions:  WindowsExplorer->rightClick DriveWhereProSeriesLocated->Properties->Tools TAB->click CHECK Button for the option that will check the drive for file system errors.

The other CHECK Button is for optimizing the drive.  This might be very useful if the drive for INTUIT ProSeries is highly fragmented.

Be patient.  These commands take forEVER to complete sometimes.

If you notice any system messages/alerts that may just instantly appear then disappear try to remember to the best of your ability what it was and inter this information in the "search" box of your favorite search engine.  The information you receive may be impossible to decipher though it might give ProSeries Tech Supt (level 2) at least enough information that they might be able to diagnose and provide a viable solution?

Note:  At the command prompt  sfc  /? (as administrator will give you some cryptic help that is typical of most software).