Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the number 9 causing an error in the Illinois Educator License field?

ddfair25
Level 1

When I enter an Educator License number (which is a 7 digit number) with a number 9 in any of the digits 1-6, it causes an error. This was not happening a week ago. Who do I contact/How can I get this fixed?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitZacharyG  or @IntuitGabi   can anyone look into this?

@garman22 you're in IL, are you seeing a similar issue?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I have not noticed as I bypass that line. As of now, I have had no issues with my teachers. This may change if IDOR decides to hijack refunds down the road. 

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

at what point does the error occur? Is it when you enter the #? I included IEIN on a client and she has a "9" but no error popped up. 

I first noticed this on February 19th when I had a teacher with a "9" in her license number.  Okay, here comes the bad attitude.  Knowing how Intuit either doesn't fix what they consider minor issues (see home mortgage interest deduction worksheet, now not working for two tax seasons in a row) or takes forever to fix (see Form 8615 on 2019 and 2020 returns), I didn't waste my time trying to call it in to someone who will just type it up and pass it to someone else to look at, who won't do anything with it.  

So I did what most of us do around here - I came up with a workaround.  I filed the federal return only and waited until it was accepted.  I then went back to IL, overrode that line so it accepted the "9", turned off the error checker, and filed the IL return, which was accepted.

You might want to try this now.  Or you might want to try it  when you file the return on October 17th when you finally realize Intuit isn't going to fix it.  I really hope I am wrong.

0 Cheers