Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Form 1120 tax return for 2021

fmelamed
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I'm having trouble opening a Form 1120 tax return for 2021.  I'm getting the following error:

022722 Pro Series error.PNG

I tried to click "OK" and the error keeps popping back up. Can someone please help me with this error?

Thank you

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Wow, thats a new one.  Is it happening for all 1120s or just one particular file?  Was it a returning client that was transferred from 2020 or a new one you just created?

@IntuitGabi   or maybe @Intuit_hieu 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

I’m seeing it the first time too. Could you please sanitize the return? And mail us the sanitized return to proseries_engineering@intuit.com, also please include the link to this post https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-opening-form-1120-ta...

Sorry about the issue!

fmelamed
Level 1

I sent the file.  I will accept the solution, once the issue is solved.

Thank you

0 Cheers
fmelamed
Level 1

Please note, I was able to get into the file after forcing a close of the program.  I was able to get into the federal portion and work without issue.  When I went to the CO return, that is when the same issue came up and I had to force close the program.  The issue seems to be isolated with the CO return.

Thank you

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the sanitize return. Is this a transferred return? Did you see this prompt when you go to CO state? If you do, what happen if you select *Don't Transfer*?

protax21_YnTG7vKf7p.png

Thanks!

0 Cheers
fmelamed
Level 1

When I don't transfer data, the error doesn't happen right away, but it happens after I put in the CO account number.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

I put in the CO account number, but i'm not able to reproduce the issue when saving the return? Am I missing anything?

protax21_ATTHJrYqpQ.png

Thanks!

0 Cheers
fmelamed
Level 1

I figured it out.  For 2021, it doesn't like the CO account number with "-0000".

Thanks

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Interesting! I'm not able to reproduce it with that format either. If you could upload the screenshot of what you had, we might be able to put in some check in ProSeries to prevent the same error for other customers!

protax21_B3IwMYkqbO.png

Thanks!

0 Cheers
fmelamed
Level 1

I can't.  I already fixed it.

0 Cheers