Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Intuit Link dashboard for ProConnect different than for ProSeries?

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

My clients have more problems than anyone can imagine making use of Intuit Link, especially trying to gain access if they have forgotten a password even when following the prompts for "I forgot my user ID or password."  This results in a lot of time on my part trying to address their issues which is counterproductive to trying to increase efficiency by using Link.

The online tutorials for Link seem to be geared to ProConnect users, and the dashboard shown in the tutorials is completely different than what I see as ProSeries user.  For example, in ProConnect a client can be deleted, whereas that does not appear to be an option in ProSeries.  In ProSeries, a client can be marked "inactive," which is not the same as deleting the client.  Why there are differences between ProConnect and ProSeries is anyone's guess.

Question - If a client is unable to reset a password or user ID after following the prompts in Link instructing them how to do so, can I as the Link administrator uninvite the client, and then re-invite them to prompt them to set up new sign-in credentials?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

The dashboards are different because there are actually different URL's for those using ProConnect Tax and those using PS/Lacerte.

What confuses a lot of folks is that you, as the accountant, do not own the account your clients use to access Link.  Instead, the Intuit Link account for your client beings to your client and it's the same account they use with all Intuit products.  What your invitation does is to connect your account on Link with your clients' so that you can communicate through this portal Intuit provides as the interface.  For that reason, only your clients can reset their accounts by working with Intuit Support.

Your client should follow the hyperlink embedded in your invitation and use the "forget my password" (or something along that line) link on that login page to reset the password/recover the account.  Recognize that Intuit's instructions are often not intuit(ive).  If they are not able to recover the account after following all the prompts, they should reach out to Intuit Support directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thank you.  I appreciate the details and the insights you provided.  The bottom-line issue seems to be trying to obtain support for these types of situations from Intuit.

KSKELL
Level 1

I concur--as the preparer I am having trouble getting into the Intuit link.  I keep getting a notice I don't have access--but I have pro series and pro series basic for 2023.  My password works fine to get into my intuit account and pro series--what is different with accessing Intuit link?  Isn't it the same password?

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

My ProSeries and Link passwords have always been the same, but I do not know if that is because of something I have done or not.  Have you tried to access Link from the ProSeries Homebase?

Many of my clients have issues with Link, especially if they have other Intuit accounts.  I have started to use Verifyle, another secure messaging product, and clients have found it much easier to use.

Good luck!

KSKELL
Level 1

Thanks for replying!  All of mine at our office (I also have a small practice at home from a prior state I lived in) are the same also--which is why I was confused!  Our office started to use Tax Dome last year --it just seems too big for my small at-home practice.  I will look into your suggestion!

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5
  • Verifyle is very reasonable and has a variety of plans. I like it because you can also share emails and use it for electronic signatures and collecting payments. Good luck!