Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries is admin on docusign acct

Annette1
Level 1

Proseries is the admin on my DocuSign account and is using the WRONG company name on every e-signature i send out.  I thought this was corrected back in 2020, but a client just told me in Oct, 2021 that he was concerned about opening the tax return for review because he didn't recognize the name!  Apparently, it was never corrected.  

DocuSign tells me I should be able to change the name if I am admin, but I don't have access.  Proseries says it is a DocuSign issue.  Has anyone experienced this? 

My proseries renews in Nov, 2021, and I'm thinking of leaving for ATX which I have heard is good.  I cannot continue with Proseries sending e-signs with the wrong company name.  It makes me appear incompetent and unprofessional.  I don't know what else to do....  Has anyone had any luck changing their company name with proseries e-signature? 

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @Annette1 , sorry we missed this message for so long. 

If it's not too late and you're still trying to address the issue, could you take a screen shot of "About ProSeries" and email it to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? Please include your username somewhere in the email so we know it's you.

In ProSeries, under the menu, click Help > About ProSeries and switch to the Version tab.

It should look something like this:

2021-12-20_12-24-10.png

One other place that might be worth checking is My Account, under "Account" and "Manage EFIN": https://myproconnect.intuit.com/#/accounts/efin 

Under "Tax Prep Credentials", is the "Doing Business As Name" what you expect? If this is showing the wrong company name, I believe you would have to contact support to update that.

Regards,
Matt

0 Cheers
Atlgirl1971
Level 1

This is happening to me also for the past two years.  In 2017 or 20188 we changed the business name when my father retired.  I was told to use the same username even though I was given a new account, have a new eFIN and tax ID.  Now that I am using eSignature, clients tell me that my father's company name is still listed.  DocuSign support says that it is connected to his email which no longer is active, and he NEVER used eSignature.  Docusign told me that I have to change it, Proseries says go make the change by logging into my account, but it isn't there.  Now I'm told that I need to change my username to my business name or my email address.  We tried that last year and while I don't remember why, I'm still using the old username. I can't expand my business within the virtual world if the business name is incorrect.

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

@Atlgirl1971 Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well.

I have limited knowledge in this space, but have you tried updating your business name here? https://myproconnect.intuit.com/#/accounts/efin

I see a dropdown option that says "Efiling firm business name change..." and it looks like the form lets you update the firm name there. 

If the above doesn't help, unfortunately you will need to call into support and work with them on this issue, as this issue deals with accounts.

0 Cheers
Atlgirl1971
Level 1

My business name is correct.  The name of the business clients receive from eSignature is incorrect.

0 Cheers
Annette1
Level 1

Hi Matt, Thank you for your reply.  I checked the Doing Business As Name uner Tax Prep Credentials, and it is showing the correct name  I'll try sending a clip of by About ProSeries Version tab as you suggested..

Note to Atlgirl1971: Docusign told me I could create a separate docusign account (outside of proseries) and email pdf's of the proseries returns through the separate account.... This would prevent the name problem, but then, i wouldn't be able to send the tax returns directly thru the Proseries Efile menu which would be kind of a hassle.

I'm debating about that, but it has been going on for years, with no resolution, so I'm thinking leaving Proseries for a different software might be the only way to fix it.  I also have two account numbers set up apparently because of the name change (?), and I get logged out of QBO every time I log into Proseries Intuit Link becasue the two accounts get confused.  It's been an ongoing battle that I think I'm going to lose. 

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @Atlgirl1971, I was able to get in touch with people who can update the name!

Could you email your CAN and expected business name to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? Please be mindful of spelling, punctuation, etc.

You can find your CAN in ProSeries, Menu > Tools > Options > Customer Information > Customer Number.

Thank you!

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Posting this for any others who stumble on this thread. 

Intuit care experts can take care of these changes, but some may misunderstand the issue or not know about the right tool. The tool is referred to as the "Update Firm Name plugin in the CAT tool". You may need to explicitly ask them about this tool.

A request has been created to make this functionality available to users, somewhere in the eSignature dashboard.

ngalante
Level 1

Hello - having the same exact issue with Lacerte esignature, the previous owners name is all over the disclaimer page when a client signs - but everything seems to be updated in settings to the right owner and email.

I have tried speaking with Lacerte and Docusign and no one seems to know how to fix, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Matt C
Employee
Employee

Hi @ngalante , have you tried mentioning the name of the specific tool to Lacerte support?

"The tool is referred to as the Update Firm Name plugin in the CAT tool. You may need to explicitly ask them about this tool."

Regards,
Matt

0 Cheers
eric1032
Level 3

I had the same problem inheriting Lacerte from previous owner and docusign had the old firm's name.   

I confirm that the above works like a charm.   I told the Lacete rep about the CAT tool and he was able to fix it for me in 15 minutes.   

0 Cheers