Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Oregon return sitting at Intuit?

cinmon428
Level 7

Federal return was accepted almost 2 days ago, but Oregon return is still sitting at Intuit. Meanwhile, more recent Oregon returns have been "sent to state." Does anyone have experience with this? Customer service leaves me waiting and has no answers. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes states can be a little slow processing returns - some more than others.  And sometimes, they get swamped and push part of the pile that swamped them to the side to process current returns and slowly process the swamp pile as they get caught up.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes states can be a little slow processing returns - some more than others.  And sometimes, they get swamped and push part of the pile that swamped them to the side to process current returns and slowly process the swamp pile as they get caught up.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7
Would that explain the fact that the return is still sitting at Intuit? The state gets swamped and tells Intuit not to send anything more until they give the signal?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Have you tried highlighting the return in the Efile homebase and then click on update acknowledgements?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7
Yes, many times. Can you answer the question I just asked?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I can’t answer that one - Intuit sometimes works in mysterious ways.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7
I commend you for your honesty. It's rare these days.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
What I lack in intelligence I try to make up for with honesty :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@cinmon428 most of us here are just tax preparers just like you and don't work for INTUIT.
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7
That's true, but I get more here than I get from customer service. They have no clue about the question I asked. It was finally resolved; the problem was a software issue. The 4 or 5 people I spoke with at customer service weren't remotely close to the problem. And, by the way, didn't know how to find out about it.
0 Cheers