Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't proseries flag a 2210 statement error and avoid a reject?

oakhillsal
Level 3
I prepared return, ran it through the review process and tested the conversion for efile.  All came back with no errors.  However, IRS rejected the return stating it needed a 2210 statement of explanation.  Client did not meet the 85% rule, yet only owed $986 in tax.  Return would have been in refund state except for the fact he lives in CA and the schedule "A" limitations got him.  I think Proseries should have flagged this "Statement" situation which would have avoided the reject.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yeah, I hope they fix this issue fast. It is a known issue and one that I thought would've been addressed quickly. I dont like rejects. I have no idea if IRS tracks rejects from our EFIN's?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yeah, I hope they fix this issue fast. It is a known issue and one that I thought would've been addressed quickly. I dont like rejects. I have no idea if IRS tracks rejects from our EFIN's?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I've just been using override and unchecking that box A...the rejects I've had the clients paid way over the required amount and no penalty is due.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers