Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of QBI on tax return. I cannot get the ProSeries Basic to generate worksheet for QBI deduction. Any help here? I am inputing a K1 from S corp.

Anglis
Level 3

I have entered the S Corp K1 and the Proseries Basic is not generating the worksheet for QBI. Any help would be appreciated. I calculated the info using IRS worksheet and over ride the entry in program. I dont like to override, but there seems to be an issue.

Any one else having this problem? Taxpayer is under the $157,000 threshold.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Are you heading down to bottom of K-1 and answering questions relating to QBI?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Are you heading down to bottom of K-1 and answering questions relating to QBI?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
And have you verified that that K-1 shows the proper codes in Box 17 about QBI (codes "V" through "Z")?
0 Cheers
Anglis
Level 3
Yes sir the codes are on the K1 showing 199A income and wages paid. The return worksheet is showing the K1 income but not generating the calculation. And the income is <$157,500, so she should be entitled to deduction. I have calculated by hand using the IRS worksheet and have overridden the return where that needs to be. I have tried to call support but they have me on hold > 1 hr.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Assuming she has TI and she meets all qualifications, QBI should calculate once you answer all relevant questions in Section D of the K-1 which is near the bottom. I would screenshot but I dont know how.
0 Cheers
jcoram22
Level 1
I was having the same issue.  On the Sch K-1 worksheet, whatever your income on line 1 of the K1 is, you also have to enter that same amount on line 17 with a code of V.  Then make sure you answer the questions in section D.  That worked for me.
0 Cheers