Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Certain PDF Attachments

dascpa
Level 11

Other than just to piss me off can someone explain why we need to attach pdf files of forms already in the tax return (1116-B, MD 500 line this and line that...).  I understand 8949 detail and 8332 but the rest of it is already on the tax forms.  Waste of time!

And while I'm b--tching, how much time is wasted on the 8867 Due Diligence?  Ugh!

Give me an hour, I'll probably complain some more.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

"In the tax return" meaning, in the Program and in your view, doesn't mean it is in the return.

There is Form layout (stylesheet) and there is data stream and there is coding for the screen (presentation) and there is coding for the printable format.

Remember this?

Form 1065 Sch K-2 Schema The Form 1065 Schedule K-2 will not be available in XML until Mid-March 2022.   Attach the Schedule K-2 as a binary attachment with description "Form 1065 Schedule K-2" to the Form 1065 form level.   The preferred method for filing Schedules K-2 and K-3 will be via extensible Mark-up Language (XML) but we will accept Schedules K-2 and K-3 via PDF for the entire filing season 2022. PDFs will be accepted even after the XML Schedules K-2 and K-3 become available. 1/7/2022
Form 1065 Sch K-3 Schema The Form 1065 Schedule K-3 will not be available in XML until Mid-March 2022.   Include the Schedule K-3 as a binary attachment with description "Form 1065 Schedule K-3" in the submission.   The preferred method for filing Schedules K-2 and K-3 will be via extensible Mark-up Language (XML) but we will accept Schedules K-2 and K-3 via PDF for the entire filing season 2022. PDFs will be accepted even after the XML Schedules K-2 and K-3 become available. 1/7/2022
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

GLASS.png          

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Like any human is ever going to even look at them!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪