Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grantor trust questions

JML222
Level 4

Not being too familiar with 1041's, really appreciate this forum.

I have a Grantor trust where the income passes through to the Grantor, included on Grantors Sched D,. Thus showing no income for the trust. My question is this, how do I account for bond and accounting expenses related to the trust?  Using Basic and fillable 1041 PDF.

TIA.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

The bond and accounting fees are not deductible. They were misc itemized deductions subject to the 2% of AGI rule, but currently not allowed.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Hoody1896
Level 2

In my opinion.. If you have the K-1 or Grantor Letter from the Trust... Just enter as a K-1 and it should flow to the proper areas.

0 Cheers
JML222
Level 4

Thanks for the insight!

The only place I see that would make sense on a K1 entry would require checking Final Year Deductions. Which is not accurate. Hmmm.

0 Cheers
Hoody1896
Level 2

I would have to look later ( I am currently at work) ... Why would it be final year deductions...   Is the K-1 Final ? 

0 Cheers
JML222
Level 4

K-1 is not final hence inappropriate to use that as an entry field.

Thank you!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The bond and accounting fees are not deductible. They were misc itemized deductions subject to the 2% of AGI rule, but currently not allowed.

Ex-AllStar
JML222
Level 4

Thanks!

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers