Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to enter taxable scholarships not on W2

Level 3

Where do you enter TAXABLE scholarships received as a stipend.  Not on W2 form.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Level 15
Level 15
what form was it reported on ?

0 Cheers
Level 10

In many cases start with the Student info worksheet. Part V, line 2b.  This will transfer to the Wages, etc. Worksheet, Line 13.  That will transfer to Line 1 of the Form 1040.  There are exceptions to this depending upon the form (if any) received.

0 Cheers
Level 13
Level 13

If you right click on the dotted line to the left of line one, on the 1040 worksheet you will get a box with mag glass. click on that, then scroll down to line 13 to enter amount of scholarship income not reported on W2