Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Where's My Refund" status shows still processing for returns accepted on 02/13/2021. Anyone else having refund issues?

SuzPre
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont use WMR but Ive seen many other people complaining about it.

Returns that get Efiled on the first couple of days of the season opening tend to get tangled up in processing...this is when the most fraud happens so those early returns get scrutinized heavily.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Most of the "Check Refund Status" screens have gone from having the orange Status Bar to the "Your return is being processed and a date for your refund will be posted when available.

This can mean there is an actual problem, missing 1095A, Identity Verification etc.. or it can mean the refunds have been delayed due to all the other current chaos, which is most likely the case.

In my experience, once that plain blue screen appears, it never changes. Clients will receive the refund and it will still say the return is processing. If it's a real problem, the client will receive a notice. Otherwise it's a wait and wonder on when the refund will be issued.

BobKamman
Level 15

Old Spouse's Tale.  Most returns filed in February are filed in the first couple days, so the number that get "tangled up" in processing is probably the same percentage you would expect on any day in late March.

A client who filed a paper return in early February just received a direct-deposit refund today.   

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Also have a client who just received a check for the 2019 refund on a paper filed return. Crazy!

BobKamman
Level 15

Yes -- a 2019 decedent return, on paper with 1310, filed in September 2020 with large refund because of final-year medical expenses.  Survivor just received the check a few weeks ago, with lots of interest included.  But another decedent return, filed March 2020 before death in June 2020, is still being processed.  As is the 2020 return with recovery rebate claim.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This might shed some light on the problems....I have not read it yet

https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/auditreports/2021reports/202146023fr.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0sDwu1-aLEaPwdsGd...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jr4
Level 1

IRS says they cannot provide any information regarding the refund. It's almost as if they didn't receive it. everything else says in process, but for this return they're saying they have information abot it. Anyone ever had the same problem? They return was submitted and accepted 2/19.

0 Cheers