Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I mark the SSTB code from a S Corp K-1 (Box 17 - Supplemental Information). I can't do this without overriding it on the QBI components worksheet

DTNY07
Level 7

I am on the first personal return where someone has a S Corp K-1 (I actually prepared the S Corp return) that has an SSTB.  I did mark it correctly on the S Corp return and it shows up as the 199A supplement to Line 17 of the K-1.  When I try and mark it on the quick entry mode section of the K-1 I don't see anything about SSTB. I looked in both areas where it says to enter additional lines on this K-1 and nothing shows up.  I see how to override it in Form mode on the QBI component worksheet.  I don't know if this will work with e-filing (the override part).  I know the override works as far as the calculation.  

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this how we have to do this in ProSeries (meaning has to be overriden)?  Thanks in advance for any answers

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8

on the 1040 program, look at forms in use: just below the K-1S input sheet should be a 199A worksheet with the missing entries.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8

on the 1040 program, look at forms in use: just below the K-1S input sheet should be a 199A worksheet with the missing entries.

0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Do you use the Import K-1 function?  That often works OK.  In 1040 mod, top ribbon has Import and brings in K-1 data.
0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7
I don't see the 199A worksheet.  I see three worksheets.  QBI component Worksheet (that is the one where I can override the SSTB box).  QBI Deduction Simplified Worksheet and QBI deduction summary
0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7
I tried K-1 import now.  And that box still has to be overridden.  Besides what if it is a client 1040 where I don't also prepare the 1065 or 1120 S return?  
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
all they way down on SK-1 input, page 6 has SSTB box at D1.  is that what you need / tried already?
0 Cheers
DTNY07
Level 7
Thank you for this.  I greatly appreciate it. I see it now on there.  I am so used to doing this from quick entry, that I didn't look all the way down after I used the K-1 import.  I don't have to override anything.  Just choose yes or no.  Even if I don't use K-1 import, it's the same thing (which is helpful for the clients personal returns where I don't also prepare the S corp or partnership/LLC returns.
0 Cheers