Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Proseries withdrawal date allow 05/15/23 for California Residents.

ShortStuff
Level 2

I hope tech support will see this. The desktop products need to be updated to allow this.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I doubt they'll change the programming that only affects certain counties in one state. 

Just schedule the payment on the tax agency website, dont do it through the software, only takes a  few extra minutes...or better yet, your client can do it themselves on the tax agency website.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I doubt they'll change the programming that only affects certain counties in one state. 

Just schedule the payment on the tax agency website, dont do it through the software, only takes a  few extra minutes...or better yet, your client can do it themselves on the tax agency website.

ShortStuff
Level 2

Actually it's almost the whole state. And to do it on the IRS website will cost clients money that they shouldn't have to pay. We should be able to schedule payments whenever the client wants anyway. After all, it's their bad if they don't want to pay until after whatever the deadline is.

0 Cheers
ShortStuff
Level 2

I also just got a message from tech support, they say I can file if I disable error checking. I will have to see if that works when we are ready to go.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS Direct Pay is free for payments made from a bank account. They dont need an IRS account or wait for the balance to post anywhere.

I actually prefer to use it over direct debit, you get a Confirmation number, in the program you just get to hope it happens, no confirmations anywhere.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can try to disable error checking, not sure if it will accept like that, or if it does accept, whether it will actually get the money withdrawn.    

I doubt they will reprogram the federal return just for the convenience of one state.  They dont want other states to be able to schedule after 4/18 and they cant customize the federal program for only for those in CA. 

0 Cheers