Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ProSeries e-file the Ohio local tax returns? (RITA 37)

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

I have a client in Ohio who needs to file a local RITA (Ohio) tax return. I prepared the return in ProSeries but I'm bot sure how I can e-file it? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

ProSeries does not efile RITA.  I efile federal and state and give clients envelope ready printed out RITA return for them to mail in.  RITA does have their own online site to efile returns directly through them but I just have my clients send the RITA returns in via mail.  ProSeries may offer efiling of RITA returns in the future I have been told but as of now they do not. 

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

ProSeries does not efile RITA.  I efile federal and state and give clients envelope ready printed out RITA return for them to mail in.  RITA does have their own online site to efile returns directly through them but I just have my clients send the RITA returns in via mail.  ProSeries may offer efiling of RITA returns in the future I have been told but as of now they do not. 

vjgcpa
Level 2

I have asked Pro Series, for years, to add RITA! They told me they would not do it unless RITA mandates it OR enough Pro Series preparers demand it. It comes down to cost and resources needed. If any preparer does RITA, they should voice their complaint about not having the ability to E-File.  Maybe if enough users do so . . .