Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will proseries be able to efile MD511

Tom80
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
sjrcpa
Level 15
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

The MD Form 511 should be available for electronic filing at this time.  Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties electronically filing.  

As described in length in the thread in sjrcpa's response, the return is not available for paper filing/printing at this time.  Until approval to use the revised forms is received we are mandated by the State of Maryland to turn off the printing function of the form.  

I know it has been a difficult filing season and sincerely appreciate feedback/comments on the product.  

0 Cheers
Tom80
Level 1

do you have any feedback as to when the form will be final to print - it is very herd to tell your client you can file but they can't have a copy.  Have other software companies gotten approval to print??

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Julia74
Level 2

Checking with the MACPA community, I believe all software companies are in the same boat right now.  I believe that Maryland hasn't authorized it yet.  

Not sure if MD says its ok to efile it or not, but when you cannot print it, that makes no sense.  I haven't heard of a timeline for approval yet, but I have had some other CPA's ask for MACPA to find out an expected date.  

kiradew
Level 1

Cannot efile MD 511, still comes up with same error message

Type of entity must be provided

Do you know when this will be fixed?

0 Cheers
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee
I have good news to share. We have received approval from the State of Maryland for print of Form 511 and will be releasing the update this morning. Users should be able to print the MD Form 511 after updating.
0 Cheers
kiradew
Level 1

Just installed the update mentioned in your response.

However, I still cannot efile MD 511. I am getting the same error message "Type of entity must be provided"

Is there any reason why efile is not permitted, now that the Form 511 is official?

Is Intuit aware of the problem?

Appreciate your response

0 Cheers
Julia74
Level 2

Probably because they do not show it as a form under the 1120S/MD.  They probably need to associate the new form 511 for IRS form 1120S.

0 Cheers
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

Capture.PNG

The MD Form 511 is available for efile at this time. We have seen MD 511 forms being electronically filed for s corporations.  The update released this morning removed print restrictions on the MD 511 after receiving approval from the State of MD and should not impact efile.    

Can you take a look at the Form 511 in the software and confirm that the s corporation box is being checked here please?  I am trying to understand why you are specifically having an issue as an s corporation filing the MD 511.  

0 Cheers
StacyStacy
Level 2

I am not able to efile the MD form 511.  I don't even have an option in the Efile box - return ready to file is not available for me to check.  Can you suggest what I might be doing wrong?

0 Cheers
StacyStacy
Level 2

ah - i found the problem.  I had marked the return to file the extension electronically but since I never did that, it was waiting for me to file the extension before it would allow me to file the return.  I unmarked "file extension electronically" then was able to file the return.  Just putting it out there in case anyone else has a similar problem - that's the fix.