Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I amend a 1041, how do I account for the taxes that were paid with the orignal return?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When I amend a 1041, how do I account for the taxes that were paid with the original return?

I found instructions for what appears to be Lacerte (screen 74)?

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1759499-fiduciary-amended-return-tax-paid-with-ori...

But I cant find where in ProSeries to enter this payment amount.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

In the upper right of ProSeries if you were to type in the search box 'Amend 1041' and clicked on Ask it would bring up this knowledge base for you:

Amending a Federal or State Fiduciary Return (Form 1041)

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

In the upper right of ProSeries if you were to type in the search box 'Amend 1041' and clicked on Ask it would bring up this knowledge base for you:

Amending a Federal or State Fiduciary Return (Form 1041)

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yes, I know how to check the Amended box.  I don't see where to enter a payment made with the original return needs to be entered....I expected it to account for it (like a 1040X would) but that isn't the case.

How about which line of the 1041 it should appear?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@Kathi_at_Intuit  see the link I included to the Lacerte instructions for this...is there one for ProSeries like that?

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@Just Lisa Now! I don't think there is a specific place to enter this.  I would enter it on line 2 Part II of the 1041 Tax Payments worksheet
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Thank you!  I figured that's where it would need to end up, bit that line says Other Withholding, not Other payments...I've added a statement to that line since it also includes some fed w/h on a 1099 and separated it out.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I have never amended one, but that is what I would do too.  The IRS has all the payments on record, so they should be able to sort it out. :worried::worried:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers