Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Kinda Animal Izzat?

BobKamman
Level 15

I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. 

On a 1099-Div:

Line 2f Section 897 Capital Gain (included in Box 2a)

Looked it up and has something to do with sale of U.S. real estate.  No place in the software to enter it, that I can find.  For $19, I think I'll just pretend not to have seen it.  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

Dividend Income Worksheet Lines F8 for 897 ordinary dividends and F9 for 897 capital gains.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
dascpa
Level 11

Dividend Income Worksheet Lines F8 for 897 ordinary dividends and F9 for 897 capital gains.

BobKamman
Level 15

Hey, it's Friday night and my eyes were tired.  I looked down there at the bottom but it said "Foreign Tax Information" and these people are Americans.  In fact, he worked in federal law enforcement.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

That was the only place they could squeeze it in.  If they tried to put it up higher on the worksheet they would’ve had to delay the release of schedule B until yesterday.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the first one I had was $6, I couldnt find a spot for it and skipped it LOL

Then I stumbled across the place for it by accident a few days later.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

Then I'm smarter than all of you as I found it but have no idea where it flows to on the return.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I found it the first time I entered foreign tax credits and I then mumbled to myself, “what in the world is that”

Slava Ukraini!