Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the relevance of the field "Prior year student loan interest" on the Student Loan Interest Worksheet?

RicB
Level 2

This year there is a new field on the Student Loan Interest Worksheet entitled "Prior year student loan interest".  I can't figure out what should go here and why.  Help doesn't really address it.  These kinds of things are usually there for a reason, so I'm reluctant to ignore it.

Can anyone add insight?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dascpa
Level 11

It has no tax relevance and not entering the info changes nothing.  If it carries over, great.  If not, ignore.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

I thought it's been there for years.  Intuit  once had a programmer who thought information like that might be helpful, like the "two-year comparison" feature.  I think she made a fortune on Bitcoin and retired to New Zealand.  

dascpa
Level 11

It has no tax relevance and not entering the info changes nothing.  If it carries over, great.  If not, ignore.