Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about a six-hour course on how to enter schedule D transactions without getting an error message?

Rhoder19
Level 2

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5

I'd settle for an explanation from ProSeries as to why they thought it was a great idea to change this since there was no law change (while leaving the 1041 Schedule D the same as last year) instead of, oh I don't know, fixing a known problem from last year and this year like the kiddie tax or maybe the home mortgage interest worksheet which worked last year but now does not or Form 8606 which worked last year but did not until last week or... 

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

if it ain't broke don't fix it

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 1099B worksheet works pretty slick, the entry table is very similar to the old Sch D.   If you double click on an entry line, it takes you to  a page with other scenarios that might help fill it out if its not a standard sale.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

I've come to like it better. Found data entry to be quicker and easier.

BobKamman
Level 15

I agree.  More like a 15-minute course is needed.  For a while there, the 1099-B worksheet was one of the options of forms to open from any other page.  Now it seems you have to open Schedule D first and then link to it.  

It's rare these days to have transactions that are not "covered," so just the totals are needed at the top of the worksheet.  Many of my clients have multiple brokerage accounts, and now it's easier to enter them separately.  Wash sales can throw a monkey wrench in the works, but I usually just adjust the cost basis to balance those with the gain or loss reported to IRS.

0 Cheers