Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the steps required to file CA Form 3539 (extension) in Proseries?

leskeller
Level 1

I keep getting fatal error messages when I try to file a CA Form 3539 with payment. I have clicked every  possible box in both the 1120S module and the CA module but obviously I'm missing something.

5 Comments 5
TaxWizard
Level 2

I have just burned to hours with two different tech support individuals who cannot help me solve this very same dilemma!

Anyone out there have a solution as I feel I am at the end of my rope?

TaxWizard
Level 2

Les, are we the only two firms having this issue?  If so, what are we doing wrong?

This is incredibly frustrating!!

leskeller
Level 1

After an hour with tech support who then passed a sanitized copy of the file to a supervisor we learned after they called CA FTB that FTB was not accepting efiled extensions with payment on form 3539. 

payment must be done on the FtB website or a check and voucher must be snail mailed. 

TaxWizard
Level 2

Leskeller................Thank you so much for the solution to this "HEAD-BANGER"!  I have spent/wasted countless hours thinking I had slipped into the world "dough-headedness"........................like Forrest Gump, "I'm not a smart man, Jenny.........." but I am also not an idiot.

Epic fail on Pro-Series part to: 1.) Make it appear that Form 3539 is e-file-able with payment  and 2.) Then not informing it's users that it is not.

Gosh, I am feeling rather low in all of this as loss of sleep, frustration, loss of revenue, research spent needlessly..........................come on Pro Series this is what I pay you for!!!!

Gregory Gandrud
Level 3

I think it's time to find another software provider. ProSeries has really dropped the ball on this. The ProSeries software clearly indicates that payments can be sent with the extension. I have grounds to sue ProSeries for three different issues in three different year's tax products. So, I'll probably file in small claims court and get a $10k judgement against Intuit unless they want to contact me and settle before they make a public spectacle of themselves.

And it's not just the extension payments that have problems. A ProSeries rep just told me today that balance due with return payments are not going through either. So now I need to chase down ten different payments with the Franchise Tax Board. I'll be lucky if they answer their phones.

0 Cheers