Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need the choice of a thumbs down button.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Not for answers...Just for some of the initial questions.

Sheesh, you would think some of these were people with out the most basic tax knowledge.

That said there are a lot of good questions, and great people taking time out of their busy days to answer them. I appreciate all of those questions and answers, as Even and old guy like me learns something now and then by reading about others issues. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
abctax55
Level 15

(should I guess which one triggered your post?)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

ABC, which post was it? Inquiring minds want to know👍😉

sjrcpa
Level 15

"you would think some of these were people with out the most basic tax knowledge"

And you would be right.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

👍 Jeff... There is a way to leave thumbs down.. Just like this👎👎👎

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Sheesh, you would think some of these were people with out the most basic tax knowledge"

Silly you.  You don't need tax knowledge to prepare tax returns.  You just need to go to Craigslist and dump a couple of used toasters, 4 bald  tires, and a slightly used recliner (we had to get rid of it after grandpa died in it) to have enough cash to buy some tax software.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man, was Grandpa's imprint in that recliner from sitting in it so much...😄😉👍

sjrcpa
Level 15

There are a lot that would qualify.

Ex-AllStar
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Actually there was no particular question, just a little musing, while perusing some of the repetitive questions, apparently I reached a tipping point, and actually typed some of my thoughts.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Oh Goody! Look another question about "Why am I seeing changes after my returns have been accepted"...lol

BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN 

I know where you got those toasters.  You opened a new IRA account every year because the now-defunct S&L would give you another free one.  You're the guy now with eight 1099-R's.

I just looked it up -- IRS charges $185 for the EA exam and $67 for annual renewal.  What if, instead, IRS paid tax preparers $250 to pass a test of basic skills?  We're spending $60 million a week to shelter unaccompanied minors at the border.  Is that why there's nothing left over for tax administration?

PATAX
Level 15

We must be in the Alps with the sound of music... Because that is the NeverEnding Echo...

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Another one just popped up on the top of the list....

Got to keep looking at the titles as they come up. Got to hang around here to get a laugh once in a while, cause the work is no laughing matter this year.

PATAX
Level 15

Jeff they say that laughing is good medicine... And after this tax season we need a lot of laughter...

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Got to hang around here to get a laugh once in a while, cause the work is no laughing matter this year."

Every year there's always one that rises to the top.

I'll let the folks who were here at the time tell you about the "gaurd dog."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Or 'what is under 24', or 'puce' or the GOAT=  the Troll Party !

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

The posts regarding the RRC changes to returns that were efiled/accepted make me crazy.  Especially when people believe IRS snuck in overnight and made the change. 

It makes me my head hurt more than my second vaccine shot did.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"It makes me head hurt more than my second vaccine shot did."

Well, see, that's the issue; you are not supposed to get it in the head.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.