Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

w7 address issue

METAX
Level 1

I have found the following problem on FORM W7 

On the Applicant's mailing Address the programs transfer the address with the apartment First an then the number together with the building number

I would like to 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out about this @METAX. Seems like the address spacing might be incorrect there.

Can you please post a screenshot of this? (use the snip tool, reply to this post, and above the text box, you'll see the camera button to add your photo).  Thanks! 

0 Cheers
TaxService USA
Level 2

Here's how it populates the W7

Apt 3066230 W 137TH ST

When it should be

6230 W 137TH ST APT 306

Please update.

thanks,

Mike

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Since you have to paper file it, why not print to pdf and edit, or use whiteout (if that stills exists) and manually correct?

Then you can move on.

Granted, it should be corrected but apparently won't be since it was reported last year.

Ex-AllStar
TaxService USA
Level 2

Yes you can just manually correct the form easy enough which I already had done, but that's one of the jobs for the software.   

So I was trying to make them aware that something had changed on this late in the 2021 season so that they can hopefully change it back.     

It should be a simple fix for them.     They could copy the code for that field from the 2020 program and update 2021 and 2022 so it functions correctly.