Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginia's mandate for electronic-only estimated payments impossible for client, how to handle

Greta
Level 9

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethP
Level 3

There is no penalty for sending a check. Our locality returns the check, but the state mailbox receives the checks and deposits them. The address prints right on the voucher above the amount of the payment:

Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 1478, Richmond, VA 23218-1478

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
ELS VA
Level 3

I do them for them.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Please elaborate on IMPOSSIBLE

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Greta
Level 9

[The details box did not open (yet again), so I did not elaborate.] Elderly folks who do not use the internet, some of our hinter area is not yet connected. ELS VA says she does it for her clients - can you elaborate how you go about paying their bills. What's a good link on VA website? Could any brokerage withhold on the dividends and send it to Virginia? If they send checks, will they not be cashed?

ELS VA
Level 3

You can get them to authorize you as their tax preparer. It is on line so may have to do it with them at your office. Then pay their estimated tax payments on line through the normal va tax payment process. I only do this for a few who are unable to pay on line. Normally elderly as well.

BethP
Level 3

There is no penalty for sending a check. Our locality returns the check, but the state mailbox receives the checks and deposits them. The address prints right on the voucher above the amount of the payment:

Department of Taxation, P.O. Box 1478, Richmond, VA 23218-1478

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Individual Income Tax Payment Options | Virginia Tax 

Doesn't ProSeries allow you to set up the payments for direct debit when you efile the return?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
ELS VA
Level 3

i actually only do it for the new VA PTET estimated tax payments. 

0 Cheers
BethP
Level 3

For estimated payments- federal yes, for Virginia, no.

0 Cheers