Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginia Individual Returns

bhill_nnews
Level 3

Has anyone else encountered this? We've had a bunch of VA returns (Forms 760) rejected for the following stated reason:

Code: VA_Charity

Error Detail:
We've identified a potential issue in your Virginia return due to an error in our software.

Error Resolution:
There was an issue with your state return that has recently been fixed. Update your software to the latest version (online products update automatically after logging in), run through final review for fed and state, resolve any errors and transmit your return again. The calculation change may affect the balance of the tax return.

I THINK this may be because Virginia has not yet passed a bill conforming their tax code to federal law as of 12/31/2020. That's a whole 'nother discussion...

My immediate problem is that, although I have faithfully updated each day (including just now) there appears to be no change in the affected Virginia returns so I can't be sure what the actual issue is.

Anyone have any insight into the Intuit update referenced in the Reject ack? Has it happened? Is it upcoming? Does it, in fact, increase VA AGI by the $300 used as an adjustment to income on the Federal return?

Thanks for any information,

Bev Hill

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I saw someone else report this the other day. Let me see if I can find the post and if there was any additional information.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I found it, but its got no info with it, sorry

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/all-virginia-returns-al...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers