Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginia form 502 PTET issue

RWorley
Level 1

I'm filing VA form 502 with a Virginia resident as 100% owner/shareholder.  Virginia Department of Taxation states that withholding should not be applied or paid for Virginia residents.  ProSeries is forcing a PTET selection on the Information selection on the  withholding payment calculation anyway.  I tried selecting code 01 in the VK-1 WKS and it has no affect.  Any assistance to resolve this issue is appreciated.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RWorley
Level 1

Thanks for commenting.  Today this issue was resolved with an Intuit technician.  In Part II of the VA 502 Information Wks page checking the first option "Form 502" vs. "Form 502 PTET" resolves the mandatory withholding issue. 

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

I cannot replicate this error you are experiencing.  Can you provide more detail?  Attached is a screen shot of a S Corp, owned 100% by a VA resident.  The Form 502 PTET is being filed and I don't see any Proseries message requiring withholding taxes.  Is there something different in your situation?  

0 Cheers
RWorley
Level 1

Thanks for commenting.  Today this issue was resolved with an Intuit technician.  In Part II of the VA 502 Information Wks page checking the first option "Form 502" vs. "Form 502 PTET" resolves the mandatory withholding issue. 

Checking the 502 vs 502 PTET? The 502 is for non residents correct? 

0 Cheers