Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vcredist_x64 returned error code 1603

robk
Level 1

Now that 2022 is available, I'm unable to download it. Got the message "vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi" is missing.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting this message. Anyone found a workaround/solution. I tried downloading 2022 from within the 2021 program as a update and also from the proconnect  website. I've also repaired the visual C++ Redist x64 and x86 files and that didn't do it. I'm not confident messing with system files altho I did download a copy of vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi but it doesn't show up as a downloaded file when the program gives you the opportunity to change the source.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
robk
Level 1

I appreciatee the suggestions and I tried them out and they didn't allow me to installl the 2022 program from either inside the 2021 or as a separate download. Interestingly how, one of the suggestions said to install 2017 thru 2021. The only I hadn't installed was 2017 so I went ahead and installed that year and it installed without any issues so I don't know what's missing for 2022. From what I read it appears the missing file is part of the installation package which comes with the program. I searched for the use source in the ProgramData\Package Cache and couldn't find it. It's early so time is on my side. Perhaps Microsoft will come with a fix or Intuit will change its installation package so I will see what options I have availavle to me in the event it won't install. REALLY appreciate the quick respond and suggestions.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I Googled the issue and found a Microsoft thread. One user stated:

I managed to fix this after installing the https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal... application, this helped me remove the hidden visual c++ items to help me re-install the 2019 version ultimately fixing my problem.

Maybe you should just wait and call support on Monday

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Scott15
Level 1

I also have the 1603 error.

0 Cheers
Scott15
Level 1

Error is vcredist_x86 returned error code 1603.  

0 Cheers
robk
Level 1

Tried that before I even posted my message and that didn't help either but thanks for the help.

0 Cheers
Scott15
Level 1

Was able to fix the issue.  I had some Windows updates that were requiring a reboot and I rebooted and was then able to install ProSeries 2022.

Been using ProSeries since 1997!  

0 Cheers